Complete the text below by deciding which is the appropriate phrase for each space. You will need to use all the phrases except one. If your answer is correct the phrase will be incorporated into the text.
, interactions involving OTC drugs can produce unwanted results or make medicines less effective. It's especially important to know about drug interactions .
Some drugs can also interact with foods and beverages, as well as with health conditions such as diabetes, kidney disease, and high blood pressure.
Here are a few drug interaction cautions for some common OTC ingredients:
- Avoid alcohol if you are taking antihistamines, cough-cold products with the ingredient dextromethorphan, or drugs that treat sleeplessness.
- Do not use drugs that treat sleeplessness .
- Check with your doctor before taking products containing aspirin if you're taking a prescription blood thinner or if you have diabetes or gout.
-  when you have stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting.
- , do not use a nasal decongestant if you are taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression, or if you have heart or thyroid disease, diabetes, or prostate problems.